0

House On The Hill (Improved Version!)

I sat looking at this painting, wondering what I could do to improve the “blandness” of it. Normally once I finish a project, I simply leave it alone because…..I am too scared to start faffing around with it, in case I *spoil* it. I do have a tendancy to overdo things, and put masses of detail in so it looks less boring(!)

Anyway, I took the plunge with this and added texture for the house and roof, painted the door and cleaned it up. (If only real houses could be transformed like this, haha!)

Image

I also upped the saturation so it looked less washed out. I think it looks better now – what do you think?

2

New inkblot painting (experiment)

Image

Hi everyone! This is a new inkblot painting (or transformation, if you prefer) from general ink blottiness, to new picture. I tried some background experimenting with this one, trying to get rid of the splatters and also brighten up the contrast a bit. I do quite like the way its turned out, although the idea of a posh lady drinking a cocktail up a tree is a bit bizarre, haha!

4

First Quilt Experiment! (stage 1)

Good morning!

Today I am attempting to sew my very first quilt, haha! I got some scrap fabric from a local shop – mostly samples that were no longer required. The fabric is a bit flowery for my taste, but, hey its just for practice, right?

Image

I am sewing it on this – my mini sewing machine from John Lewis. Its years old and a bit clunky now, but it still powers on like a little soldier.

Image

Ok so, I cut and sewed my rectangles until I came up with this – my first 9 block. Whee!

Image

I finished up with this

Image

I didn’t really like this combination, so I folded the 9 blocks in half and cut them up again. After faffing around with different ways for them to look, I came up with this – my first rearranged 9 block.

Image

Now all I have to do is finish sewing the rest of them up, fix the seams and think of how on earth I will put a backing onto it! I’m not skilled enough yet to fight with batting and all those layers, so I think I’ll just put a backing on it and see how we go from there. I have spare fabric left to make a cushion to go with this, so I’m quite pleased. In fact, I’m quite pleased overall with how this is turning out for a first *big* project. (Knowing me, I’ll botch it all up at some point near the end, haha!)